According to a French developer’s job listing (translated into very rough English):
- Unannounced big budget (multi million dollar/euro) Fantasy Medieval Role-Playing is in the works.
- The game is for PC / Mac / console. It is currently in pre-production.
- The job listing mentions “innovative peripherals (including Wii U)”. Wii U is the only console mentioned on the job listing.
- IS is a company being created based in Montreuil, Paris (France).
- The team is mainly composed of veterans of the gaming industry and has an internationally recognized expertise in the field.
- Job listing says details will be announced to the press, between October and December 2012.
- Offers Pre-employment training : Only one student per class maximum.
Here is the original job listing in French.
The developer had made another similar job posting made on Deviantart:
“We’re currently looking for freelances high poly 3D artists.
The project is a video game, an heroic fantasy RPG with higly detailled armors (~500 000 polys per character). It’s not for real time, rather for rendering, 3D printing and other things of the same kind.
It’s a big project with a big budget (several millions dollars), but also with a lot of work. Compensation will depend on quality and percentage of completion, from hundreds to thousands of dollars per character.“
On another job listing looking for a web developer, it reads:
“Depending on your profile and your experience, you will be working on one or more of the following:
- Online store (physical distribution worldwide)
- Game site
- Forum, wiki
- Applications and promotional games online (mobile, facebook, etc.)”
Here is official Artwork from the game:
Marc Kruzic is the game’s creator.
According to his linkedin account, he is currently a project manager at Earthlings Games where he managed a series of 12 interactive storytelling games for children on iPad / iPhone / Android for Chillingo and Electronic Arts. Earlier in his career, he regularly monitored the development of software localization for French distributed games at Big Fish Games.
Update: He has updated his LinkedIn with info on the the RPG and I.S.
Is this an example of a smaller developer with a multi-million dollar budget? Many indie projects tend to just disappear, but this game seems to have an actual budget (millions of dollars) behind it. I am curious to see if this project becomes anything real and not another “Sadness”.